Welcome to Part 2 of How to Host a Healing Circle.
In this part, you’ll learn about the first two phases of a healing circle:
the welcome and heart-sharing, which will prepare you to design your first practice circle as a host or guardian.
In the first video in Part 2, you’ll learn about the power of a warm welcome and how it contributes to feelings of belonging.
In the second video, you’ll learn about the heart-sharing process, along with the key principles that underlie it.
In the brief “Roots of circle” blog post, you’ll learn more about the ancient structure that has held people as they connect with one another over millennia.
In the “Starting a circle of more” blog post, Diana Lindsay describes a sample structure for a healing circle and also gives us a glimpse into a circle for people who are living with cancer.
In your journal, reflect on the following questions:
- What makes you feel welcome in a:
- physical circle?
- virtual circle?
- How do you connect with your heart?
- What does inner guidance mean to you?
If you’ve already downloaded the journal, you don’t need to do it again.
Before your second Zoom session, make sure you’ve:
- Connected with your partner to plan how you’ll facilitate a healing circle
- Chosen how to welcome participants
- Decided how to invite participants into your circle
- Determined how to guide participants in heart-sharing