What are healing circles?
Healing circles are groups of peers who support one another through deep listening and compassion. Circle participants abide by agreements, including agreements around confidentiality. The volunteers who host healing circles do not provide medical or psychotherapeutic advice or treatment. Participation in a healing circle does not replace the care provided by a qualified healthcare professional.
The intention of healing circles
The intention of healing circles is to create a safe space in which we heal ourselves, one another, and the world.
Healing circles agreements
Participants in healing circles agree to the following:
- We treat each other with kindness and respect.
- We listen with compassion and curiosity.
- We honor each other’s unique ways to healing and don’t presume to advise, fix, or save one another.
- We hold all stories shared in the circle confidential.
- We trust that each of us has the guidance we need within us, and we rely on the power of silence to access it.